Glitter Daydream

My Great Food 15-Second Cooking Challenge

Saturday, May 24, 2014


Scorching sun, warm breeze and longer days -- summer is definitely upon us! To be completely honest, summer isn't my favorite season. I wilt in the heat and don't particularly enjoy the sweaty, sticky feeling this season brings. But that doesn't mean there aren't things I love about summer. 

What I love about summer: Hitting the beach with family and friends, barbecues, ice cream, halo-halo and of course, tropical fruits!

Mangoes are on the top of my list of favorite fruits. They are sweetest and most abundant when the temperature rises. To me, mangoes are synonymous with summer. We are so lucky to arguably have the best tasting mangoes in the world!

  For this 15-seconds cooking challenge hosted by My Great Food, I wanted to create a meal that is refreshing and light, something that will go well with the beautiful sunny days of summer. 





Because of its bright color, sweet taste and crisp aroma, fresh ripe mango is making an appearance on my dish today. I made a mango salsa as it is something that is very versatile. It can be eaten with nachos, chicken and even fish. It is such a fun way to add a tropical fruit flavor to your meal. I decided to combine this with another popular Filipino dish -- Chicken BBQ.  


This dish features Magnolia's Chicken BBQ wrapped in Purefoods Honeycured Bacon, topped with a tropical mango salsa then glazed with barbecue teriyaki sauce, presented on a bed on Magnolia Dari Creme buttered rice! Sounds yummy? Trust me, it was! The Magnolia Chicken BBQ marinade was a perfect blend of sweet and smoky. The Purefoods Honeycured bacon brought out the sweetness of the chicken BBQ and added a nice crunchy texture. It was the perfect match for the crisp and fresh mango salsa. The result was a savory and tangy flavor explosion! It tasted sooo good that I'm absolutely going to make this again! 

This Instagram video shows a summary of how I prepared this meal! Thanks to The Beach Boys for providing this classic song that epitomizes the carefree vibe of summer. :D



Here are some close up photos of my recipe! Not only does it taste like summer in your mouth, it also looks so fresh, lush and vibrant! 




If you're like me, you'll probably be wanting some of this right now. Haha! I'll be sharing my recipe for  this dish below. This summer is the perfect time to make this. Go on and try it while sweet and juicy Philippine mangoes are lining street vendor stalls and supermarkets. Let me know what you think! :)


Thanks to My Great Food, I had the opportunity to whip up this summer-inspired recipe! My Great Food is a bit like a kitchen assistant. Under San Miguel Pure Foods Company, Inc. (which is the largest Filipino-owned food company!), My Great Food develops and provides delicious and creative recipes that incorporate San Miguel-Pure Foods products. Since I've become a member, I've bookmarked quite a number of their recipes. I love how the recipes they post make use of ingredients that are easily accessible and affordable for the average Filipino household


If you need kitchen tips or if you're running low on recipe ideas, check out My Great Food's website here and their Facebook Page here. I'm sure you'll be able to find something that will satisfy your tastebuds!

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MyGreatFood







Come and join the Nuffnang community!

No comments:

Post a Comment