Glitter Daydream

Definitely Japan. Definitely Kojie.san

Wednesday, April 23, 2014


Hi everyone! I am typing this on a very warm Sunday afternoon, feeling happy and energized from making my first all-natural homemade vegetable juice! I might write more about juicing in the future but today, I'll be talking about a topic that is in the stream of consciousness of many Filipinos -- skin lightening. Our desire for a glowing complexion must be, in large part, due to the celebrities and models gracing our television screens and magazines. Seemingly luminous and blemish-free, they have become poster girls for what beautiful skin looks like. 

Unfortunately, majority of us don't have a team of make-up artists, flattering lighting and expensive products at our disposal. :( Does this mean we just have to live with our skin woes, acne stars, uneven patches and sun spots? The answer to that is a resounding no! There are ways to tackle skin discoloration without breaking the bank! Before I let you in on my discovery, let's first talk about the umbrella term for skin discoloration problems -- hyperpigmentation. 



I made this infographic to make it easier for everyone to understand what hyperpigmentation is all about and to show some skin whitening stats in the Philippines. :)



(Information Source: The Skin Whitening Industry in the Philippines by Roger Lee Mendoza)

The results are quite expected for our country considering our supermarket beauty aisles are filled to the brim with whitening products. Our soaps, lotions, deodorants and even feminine washes all have whitening variants! What comes as a surprise though, is the percentage of Filipinos who are unaware of natural alternatives to skin whitening. This lack of knowledge puts Filipinos at greater risk. A number of issues are associated with skin whitening products. These include but are not limited to:
  • Premature aging of the skin.
  • Increased risk of skin cancer from unprotected sun exposure.
  • Steroids contained in skin whiteners may cause long-term health issues.
  • Possible irritation or allergic reaction.      
       (Source: WebMd)




I mentioned earlier that I just started juicing vegetables. I am doing this to lead a healthy and balanced lifestyle. It is only right that I have the same mindset when choosing skincare products. We should be able to make informed decisions about the products we put in AND on our bodies. Lucky for us, there are natural skincare options that we can look into! 


Look no further! 
From the same country that brought us anime and ramen, 
I introduce to you a product that is 
Definitely Japan: Kojie.san Kojic Acid soap!

You may check out the YouTube video I made that quickly explains 
why you should choose only the original Kojic Acid soap.
About a month and a half ago, my face went through a rough phase. It was probably the weather transition that caused the sudden breakout. The summer heat and high humidity were wreaking havoc on my skin. I had tiny bumps on my face and pimples growing out of nowhere! It was really frustrating... and I actually even made it worse by popping them. :( I know, I know. That wasn't a very smart move but sometimes, I just can't fight off the urge to squeeze them! Anyway, my skin eventually acclimatized itself to the weather,  however, the damage was done. Even after the pimples healed, I was left with unsightly dark marks strewn across my face. Pimples and discolorations are never welcome but personally, I dislike them most during summer because it's too hot to be piling on foundation and concealer just to camouflage them!  I had to do something so I scoured blogs and forums for possible solutions to my pimple marks. That's how I came across Kojie.san. A lot of bloggers and forums recommended people with similar problems as mine to try Kojie.san soap. As it happens, it is also a brand that has received a number of recognitions such as Soap Brand of the Year during the Watson's Health, Wellness and Beauty Awards in 2010. 

Let's see how Kojie.san performs in terms of effectiveness 
when compared against the Generic Kojic Acid soaps 
that are all over online shops.


Generic Kojic Acid Soap

The first Kojic acid soap I tried was one I bought from an online shop more than a year ago. To cut the long story short, it was such a terrible experience and the soap was a huge letdown. Right after using the generic Kojic Acid soap during my bath, I had patches of really itchy red spots all over my body. Here's what my face looked like after using the Generic Kojic Acid soap.


Really bad right? :( I hoped that the irritation would get better by the next day but it actually got worse... I woke up and not only were the spots red and itchy, they were also inflamed.:( I was worried so I went to my dermatologist and was prescribed hydrocortisone cream to reduce the itch and inflammation and was also advised to take anti-allergy medication before bedtime to prevent scratching myself in my sleep. I was then told by my dermatologist to be careful buying generic skincare products online because the ingredients that go into them are not closely monitored by the proper authorities. Some of them contain harmful additives, like Mercury and Hydroquinone, that cause skin irritation and health problems. Needless to say, I stopped using that soap and I actually still have one unused bar left with me. What a waste of money...

Kojie.San Soap 

After reading the amazing reviews of Kojie.san online, I went to Watsons to purchase it. When I got to the soap aisle, I quickly noticed that among all the other soaps on the rack, Kojie.san had the least stock on the shelf. I asked the sales assistant about that and she said, "mabili sa amin ang Kojie.san lalo na kasi summer." (Kojie.san is a fast-selling product here especially now that it's summer). That got me even more excited to try this soap! :D


Price
I bought a Kojie.san box set for P 120.00. It's very affordable as it contains 3 bars inside. It comes out P 40.00 per soap. Great value for money! 


Size 
Kojie.san's soap size is perfect; I'm able to hold it securely in my hand. I'm glad that they packaged it into 3 soaps instead of making one oversized bar. 


Scent
Kojie.san has a bright, citrus scent that instantly perks you up! Using this soap is a really great way to start the day. After my morning bath, I always feel refreshed, energized and invigorated!


Results
I had high hopes and expectations for this soap and it definitely delivered! I saw improvements in as little as 1 week! This is amazing because I've bought high end skincare products before that promised everything and didn't result to anything. Here are before and after photos to illustrate the positive difference Kojie.san has made on my skin.


Top: Day 1 | Center: Day 9   | Bottom: Day 24
Photos are unedited.

You can clearly see how much my skin has improved! Kojie.san not only cleared my skin of pimple marks, it has also made my skin tone brighter and more even-toned in only 24 days. I've also noticed that my pores are finer and my skin texture is a lot smoother. Best of all, I haven't experienced any more breakouts since using Kojie.san. No need to use beauty filters when taking selfies because of Kojie.san! Haha! I am so excited to see further progress as I continue using this soap. I am very satisfied and will definitely repurchase Kojie.san once I've used mine up! I'm also looking into buying the other skincare products from the Kojie.san line.

Conclusion
So if we were to compare the Generic Kojic Acid Soap with Kojie.san Kojic Acid soap, there is definitely a clear winner. If you are looking for soap that will help lighten and even out your skin tone, remove pimple/acne marks and prevent future breakouts and blemishes, go for the original Kojic Acid soap -- Kojie.san! 



Let's take the quick skin test I made to see if your skin could benefit from using Kojie.san soap!








Although at first glance, Kojic acid soaps might all look the same, upon closer inspection, it is obvious that there are differences in quality and effectiveness. I had to consult my dermatologist after using the generic Kojic acid soap because of all the rashes on my face. I also had to spend more money to purchase anti-allergy and anti-inflammatory medicine to treat contact dermatitis caused by the generic Kojic acid soap. :( Buying a copy of the original Kojie.san soap could potentially result to more expenses due to adverse side effects.

I can say from experience that Kojic acid soaps are NOT created equal. Trust only the original Kojie.san soap because through the course of their product development and testing, they have produced a quality skincare product that is both effective and affordable.






Exfoliation is absolutely essential when you want to achieve lighter skin or simply want to even out your skin tone. Kojie.san has a micro peeling effect that promotes skin turnover by removing darker skin cells on the surface and pigment build-up. A lot of people aren't very comfortable with the idea of exfoliation and peeling as they feel it would prevent them from going about their daily routine. What's great about Kojie.san though is that you can undergo peeling without having to hide from the world! The micro peeling you experience with Kojie.san is very subtle. People didn't really notice my skin peeling but you should, however, get used to comments like, "Pumuputi ka ah." "Your skin is so smooth! Are you wearing primer?" while using Kojie.san. :) Using this soap definitely leads to lighter, smoother and softer skin!






Did you know that our skin acts more like a sponge than a barrier? 60% of the stuff we put on our skin is absorbed in our bloodstream! *gasp! It's a bit worrisome when you think about what we're slathering on our skin on a daily basis. Fortunately, Kojie.san does not contain harmful chemicals. Kojie.san's ingredients are as natural as can be: Pure Kojic Acid, Sweet Orange, Virgin Coconut Oil, Glycerine, Vegetable Extract, Vitamin C. I can be at peace now, knowing that what I'm applying on my face isn't causing any harm to my body.






Kojie.san contains Kojic acid and Vitamin C, both of which are excellent antioxidants. These protect the skin from harmful pollutants and free radicals, revealing a brighter, whiter and more radiant complexion. Kojie.san is free of harsh chemicals used in the market today. Instead, it offers an all natural formula that restores and promotes the natural vitality and radiance of our skin.


....................................................................................

Growing older is a natural part of life. The key to aging gracefully is having a positive outlook, maintaining a youthful disposition and sticking to an effective skincare regimen. This is why skincare products have become essentials for most women these days. Unfortunately, many skincare products are not only expensive but are also filled with chemicals that may cause harmful side effects. As we slowly become aware of the fact that what we put on our skin affects our health, we should turn towards natural skincare products. Natural products like Kojie.san are effective AND affordable. This soap reflects my belief that the true value of a product lies in its contents and not in its extravagant packaging. It allows even the budget conscious consumer the opportunity to use great quality skin care. We deserve nothing but the best! With BEVi's expertise and understanding of our skincare needs, our skin can enjoy and maximize the benefits of Kojic acid through the original-- Kojie.san.

What are you waiting for? Try Kojie.san now! 
You can find them in leading department stores, supermarkets, drugstores and wholesalers nationwide!





Official Website: http://www.kojiesan.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/KojiesanPH
Twitter: https://twitter.com/KojiesanClassic
Instagram: instagram.com/kojiesanph






Come and join the Nuffnang community!

Official Website: www.nuffnang.com.ph
Facebook: www.facebook.com/NuffnangPH
Twitter: https://twitter.com/NuffnangPH
Instagram: http://instagram.com/NuffnangPH




6 comments:

  1. What a comprehensive review! I'm trying to lighten my knees and elbows. Will this product help? I live in the UK so I'll be needing to get this from a reputable online seller in eBay. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice! Thank you for dropping by. I'm quite sure that this product will help since it encourages skin exfoliation. Through micro peeling, you will be able to shed dead skin cells and hyper pigmented skin on the surface. This will result to lighter elbows and knees. :) Good luck Alice!

      Delete
  2. Kawaii!^^~ Love how you you used anime and sakura graphics. Definitely Japan nga! Glad I read this review. Usually kasi, I just pass by this soap when I’m in the supermarket. I always buy Papaya soap eh. But I’ll try this soon. Galing ng effect ha. What SPF do you use? I use a lotion na may SPF 15 but parang its not enough...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Eunice! I did what I could to capture the essence of this brand. :) I'm happy to know that my review helped. Please update me on your Kojie.san journey!

      Since its summer, I use a minimum of SPF 30 and a maximum of SPF 90. I apply sunblock even while I'm indoors. It might be best to get sunblock with higher SPF especially when using whitening products. Hope this helps. Thank you for dropping by!

      Delete
  3. Hi, will this also whiten underarms? I've tried so many products. Hirap maghanap ng talagang magwowork. Others pa make it worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello there! I think it will depend on the cause of skin darkening. If the discoloration is due to friction, shaving cuts or a reaction from your previous deodorant, it will probably work because of the micro peeling effect. You can give it a shot to see if works! Thank you for reading. :D

      Delete