Glitter Daydream

Going YESSS, YAMAN with my 4 Pre-Loved Items!!

Saturday, August 2, 2014

My sister is the most sentimental one in the family. She has such a difficult time throwing items that were once sources of comfort and joy in her life. I am more ruthless than she is during spring cleaning but I also have bouts of sentimentality, moments where I make up all sorts of reasons and excuses to keep a particular object. I keep cards and letters, my high school planners and other trinkets tucked away in a box just because I can't bear to throw them away. 


Letting go is always so difficult because even though they're just stuff, they are stuff that have so much meaning. We feel that giving them up means forgetting the memories, the emotions and the magic linked with these objects. But this isn't true at all. I've found that when I do let go of things, I still hold the memories within me and the act of freeing myself from material possessions brings me clarity and peace.  
In this light, I will be letting go of four items - an iPod Touch, my Jawbone Jambox mini speakers, a pair of blue suede ankle boots and a Casio gold watch. Instead of throwing them out with the trash, I've decided to sell them as there might be someone out there who will appreciate them and find these useful. 
 Like all things, these have their own stories and memories attached to them. I'd like to share the story behind this iPod Touch.
I remember looking at this in the Apple website shortly after it was released. I quickly fell in love with its clean lines and sleek look. I had no intention of asking my parents to get this for me because they had just gotten me a new phone. Because I really wanted to own this device, I decided that I was going to buy it myself, with my own money as a personal birthday present. I was a college student then so I saved whatever I could from my allowance. I didn't spend unnecessarily and budgeted my money. It required my to cut back on things I usually spent my extra allowance on-- clothes and shoes. It wasn't always easy saying no to other things I liked but what really helped me stay on track was visualization. Every time I had the strong urge to spend my money on a cute dress or a pair of shoes, I imagined myself listening to music, holding this iPod in my hand. 
Within a couple of months, I had managed to save enough money to buy myself my first big birthday treat. More than having saved enough to buy it, I felt that this was an important step in my personal growth. Through this process, I learned that if I remain focused and disciplined, I can do anything I set my mind to do. This exercise also taught me that I can take charge of my finances and that sacrifices must be made to make way for bigger aspirations. 

Just as I've graduated from college, I think it's about time I find a new home for this iPod Touch and my three other items. If you would like to provide a new home for them, I will be posting them on OLX (formerly Sulit), the world's leading brand for online classifieds. 

Please watch out for these items on my OLX page: GLITTERDAYDREAM


Also, I invite you to say "Yesss, Yaman!, let go of your own items and sell them in the platform. 

Ang hindi na ginagamit…ibenta mo na!




If you are still on the fence about letting go, here are some thoughts and tips:
  • Memories are not within material things. Memories are within us.
  • We are more than our possessions. 
  • Something may only hold sentimental value for you but it could actually be useful for someone else.
  • Holding on to items weighs us down and imprisons us. Letting them go will free us and declutter our lives.
  • If you like, do what I did. Take pictures of the items you want to remember. Put them in an album that you can flip through when you want to go down memory lane.











Official Website: 
http://www.olx.ph/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Sulit.com.ph
Twitter: https://twitter.com/olxph
Instagram: http://instagram.com/olxph










Official Website: http://ph.churpchurp.com/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Churp-Churp-Philippines/105728992860228
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Churp2PH
Instagram: http://instagram.com/churp2ph

No comments:

Post a Comment